Friday, September 23, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

It's here, finally!!!
My almond flour!! From the lovely Honeyville
I was ready to jump through the roof I was so stoked to see its little package on my porch this morning. Now I can get busy baking! Which brings me to...
Look at these little beauties!!
Something about me.. I am an obsessive planner. I make so many lists, love organizing things, and basically plan for anything possible. So I looked through my cookbooks, and tried to figure out what I would use my five pounds of almond flour on that would give me the best idea of its uses and tastes. I narrowed it down but...
How do I decide?
Now that the flour is here, I have no idea where to begin!! So I thought maybe you could help me decide.
I just made cookies the other day (they didnt turn out very attractive, so they didn;t make it to the blog.) so I know I don;t want to make a dessert. But a bread sounds fabulous. Here are my choices...
Cinnamon apple muffins
Zuchinni muffins
Scrumptious Sandwich bread (also to make french toast!)
Pecan raisin Bread
Muesli Bread
Spice cake muffins
Its a pretty tough decision.. Please help me as I am the least decisive person ever!
Last, I had a delicious salad yesterday that I wanted to share with you!
Upside down...
Its from this darling local restaurant, Rutabegorz. And this is their Summer salad. I wanted to pay homage to the passing season before I welcome autumn(!!!!!!!) with open arms.
The salad featured:
 romain lettuce
carrots
cucumbers
mandarin oranges
dried cranberries
candied walnuts (aka heaven)
blue cheese (I had them replace it with avocado, which I like much more)
sliced turkey (I picked most of it off, so I know it is good with or without :) )
light vinaigrette

MAKE IT!! so amazingly delicious. It was a nice balance to the cinnamon and pumpkin and squash I have been eating nonstop :)

Gotta run to work now, but I hope you all have a lovely day!!
Thanks for stopping by!
xox, Hannah

PS... What recipe should I make? and share, of course ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment