Monday, September 19, 2011

A Friendly Hello!!

Well... This is it! After two years of admiring other people's foodie blogs, I finally decided to make my own. I'm really excited about it, although being the technically un-saavy-est person alive, who knows how well this will all turn out! Fingers crossed :) I suppose this would be a good place to fill you all in on myself, since this is the beginning and all... (plus I can't seem to figure out how to do an "About Me" tab.. sad times). So here goes!
All my life, I have been raised with an appreciation for food. I've always loved cooking, baking, and eating. During high school, I stopped taking care of myself, because all I wanted was the perfectly skinny body. This led to all sorts of bad decisions on my part, and denying my body of the care it needed. Now, five years after all that began, I'm finally ready to fix things! I have had some long term damage from all that thugh. I believe (although I haven't officially been diagnosed) that I have celiac disease, something that can be caused from eating disorders. I'm also lactose intolerant though, so I may have been likely to get celiac anyhow. Who knows! Either way, here I am, and I'm ready to start feeling good again!
As far as my eating goes, I don;t want to subscribe to any particular title. I have been vegan and vegetarian, and, while I loved how I felt, right now I am needing extra nutrients. So I am going to eat small amounts of meat, eggs, and dairy. I hope all you veggie peeps out there aren't offended :) This is extra important right now because I'm taking gluten out of my diet! Yikes! So I don't want to go all crazy and get stuck in a restrictive rut. I also strive to eat as clean a diet as possible, with minimal processed junk (although we will see how that goes...)
Anway! Anough rambling! If you've survived so far... wow I am impressed!
I'll leave you all with a list of things I'm currently lusting after :)
1. Almond Flour!!
I Just bought my first gluten-free cookbook, The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook. It appealed to me because the recipes are all healthy and delicious, and only use one type of flour (almond. duh) as opposed to many other GF recipes which call for a million different flours. This just seems simple and delicious. Plus, almonds are a great source of healthy fats and protein! Yay! Now I just have to wait until my bag of flour arrives... tick tock...

2. Apple Picking!

I love autumn. It's my favorite time of year! There's a place fairly close to me, called Oak Glen, that has amazing apple picking farms and cider and pie.. Heaven

3. Goodbyn!
It's pink. It saves the world because you don't have to use plastic baggies for your lunch. It comes with dishwasher safe stickers for your decorating pleasure.
Enough Said.
I must have a Goodbyn lunchbox!! Plus, since adding the gluten-free aspect to my life, I can't find anything to eat on campus. Tear! And some days I'm there for 13 hours straight. A lunch caddy is necessary. Plus it will encourage healthier eating, and cooking!

Speaking of cooking... Isn't that what all this is about? I wish I coud leave you with a recipe or a glorious picture of something I ate today but.. I dont want you to fall asleep from the worlds longest ever blog post! So I shall say goodbye. But be on the lookout for a recipe in the next couple days!!
xoxo
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Good golly, lovebug! You were all too true in saying we were one in the same!
    Where have you been all of my life?!(hope that doesn't make me sound like a creepster)

    Anywho, lovie, best of luck to ya in your endeavors!
    and know that you're are not alone, im always here to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I loveeeee apple pickin' wish i could go with ya!
    and I too have been lusting after almond flour AND a goodbyn.
    ...who woulda thunk there's another me out there?!
    seriously, where u at, girlie, we needa meetup!
    Do i smell coffee and baked goodies?!

    ReplyDelete